Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BRG

Jeremy, Chelsea, and I hit up the BRG tonight for some new problems while Metro is stripped for the Darkhorse comp on Saturday. None of us climbed exceptionally well today, and I felt especially weak and fatigued. Lately I've been having issues going to sleep - for some reason I lay awake in bed until 2 or 3am, at which time I am able to sleep. This would all be fine if I didn't have early classes, but Monday/Wednesday I have class at 8am, so I end up sleeping 2:30-6:30, which just isn't enough sleep to apply myself academically and still be psyched to train hard at the gym. Additionally, when I don't sleep well I find myself drinking espresso and eating poorly, which in turn diminishes my ability to climb/train well.

On the up side, I received "Flash Training" by Eric Horst (one of his older books - 1995 I think) in the mail today. Taking a quick flip through it, there are some chapters on strength, forearm recruitment, and nutrition that look particularly interesting. Hopefully this gives me some insight into how to train better and eat better.

No comments:

Post a Comment